Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Buzzing with excitement

I’ve had a bad cold the last couple of days and today I've lost my voice. The kids will be pleased.


We had great excitement here today. We were sitting in class when all of a sudden I heard a buzzing noise. It seemed familiar. Like a long lost memory drifting through the room. Then I realized! It was the refrigerator humming!!!! We have power again!!!! The generator is officially fixed! We all stopped working and did a crazy electricity dance (which consisted mostly of jumping up and down and pretending to get an electrical shock). It's been three weeks since we got back to camp and had to make do with a couple of solar panels.

I took a long, hot, decadent shower in my own bathroom WITH THE LIGHT ON!!!! I might even turn on the AC just for the heck of it! Or have a nice cold glass of water from my nice chilly fridge. We are going to town on Friday to go shopping. I'm going to stock up on perishables BECAUSE I CAN!!!! Or play a DVD movie tonight (they are planning on keeping the generator going until 10pm from now on.

No comments: